The End

 Just a short blog for those that missed the news on social media.     



After 8 years (and a small bump in March 2022) I've decided its time to close down the website.   
Its a decision I've spent about a year considering, so its nothing rushed, its just time.

It should be noted that there are now other ACARS websites, so its not like when I started, being one of a very few, take a look around and see what clicks with the other sites for your use case.
I can think of 4 right off the top of my head. Google can guide you. (Plus I hear that quite a few folks are building other/new ACARS websites, so there will be many more to chose from soon).

To those of you reading this that had AI bots stealing data from my site, take pride in knowing that yes, you were a part of the reason I closed the site.

To the 3-4 people that helped me build the site. Thank-you, it would have never happened with out your detailed break down of what was in the ACARS messages.

To the handful of folks that setup feeds to my site, a deep and humble thank-you. The site would be nothing without your data.
The key to the site was the global Inmarsat feeds without a doubt. Those 4-6 folks have become friends and I am looking forward to keeping in touch with each of you going forward.
The same goes for the dozen or so VDL feeders and of course the brave few that stood up the first Iridium feeder systems.
I'd appreciate it if you could keep your feeds running. You just never know what might come of that data.

My wife and son also deserve a shout out. The website has consumed much of my life the past 8 years and you have stood beside me and the hours each day I put into it all.


Comments

  1. Thank you for all you've done dude. The site has been invaluable to a great many of us in the flight tracking world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask ai to make a better site and stop scrappers. It will actually do wonders. And do a better job than anyone could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. Your ACARS site was my first and benchmark. I need to learn more about it but will resort to the other sites.
    Hang in tight, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your site was amazing, thank you for all of the hard work on it. You're a legend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gratitude for your titanic work knows no bounds. Your work helped me for two years. It's a pity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you (and to your wife and son!) so much for all your efforts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

tbg.airframes.io Users Guide

wardriving

Call signs on tbg.airframes